Posted: March 28th, 2013 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction | No Comments »
Hi fanfic writers and readers!
The contest is over. Unfortunately, we did not have enough posts to give away the book. However, it will be available in the future for another give away!
We are oh so very happy to announce that the chapter/book problem is FIXED! You can now start a book and add chapters and then jump between chapters.
PLEASE go to your fanfic and make sure chapters are correctly attached to your books.
Also, make sure your stories are PUBLISHED. Many of you have left stories in “draft” mode – no one can see them.
To celebrate the release of THE HOST by Stephanie Meyer as a movie, we are giving away an autographed copy of The Host!
Post a fanfic in any fandom and any rating between now and Friday, April 5 at midnight, ET, and this could be yours:
The Host Fanfiction Contest
There must be at least 25 chapters posted for the prize to be awarded.
Free shipping in the US. If the winner is from outside the US, they must pay the shipping charges.
Email us any time with questions – we’re here to help!
Your friends at Fanfic.me,
Jacky and Chad
Posted: November 23rd, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction | No Comments »
We finally have really nice profiles for you to fill out as a member of this site. Check out MistressLoki1618.
How do you fill out your profile information? Go to your DASHBOARD. Look for MY PROFILE. Fill it in. Easy!
How do you get a profile image? Follow the instructions for GRAVATARS.
Your name is linked to your profile. Go click your name on one of your fanfic stories and see what your readers will see!
Posted: September 24th, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction | No Comments »
We are on a roll! MORE new features and fixes…
- We now have paginated stories on fanfic.me. This now includes all stories, no matter when they were posted!
- Required fandom validation is now in place. Writers will get an alert that they need to select at least one fandom. Their story will remain in draft status until they correct it and publish. This will prevent accidental postings of stories without a fandom being selected.
- We now have the nice big bold orange button on the fiction submit / edit page, so you can’t miss it. :-)
- The stars widget on the side of the page is functioning correctly.
We are nearing the end of our list of fixes and minor new features “wish” list. FYI – forum notifications is still on this list and is being worked on. When we are finished with this short list, then we’re on to the BIG new features list like a dashboard for writers of all their stats.
Stick with us – and invite your friends to join us. Things are gettin’ good! Please post your fanfic for ALL fandoms at Fanfic.me. And remember – all ratings invited!
Posted: September 12th, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction | No Comments »
We’ve been working like mad dogs to bring everyone a bunch of new features, better performance from the site, and fixes. Have a look…
- Facebook Login – Your choice!
- If you login via Facebook and the email matches what we have on record, it will connect your Facebook login to your account with us. If the emails are different, it won’t.
- Story pagination – any new or edited stories will be automatically broken into pages. We are working on paginating stories previously added.
- Comments are working correctly
- Word count is now consistent and correct
- Speed, speed, speed – everything is much faster now!
- WordPress can now be upgraded without any issues, so we can bring you the newest and best all the time :-)
- Permalinks are fixed – this is techy stuff that is sooo important. It has to do with how page URLs are created. It all starts there.
- Stars graphic updated.
- Social network linking is also fixed – when a reader or writer shares a story like on Facebook, or an email, etc., it now resolved without any issues
- The PUBLISH button is now big and orange – easy to find when you are posting a story :-)
NEXT on the hit parade of new features and fixes:
- Email notification from the forum. You RPG folks … it’s coming!
- The pesky stars widget on the side of the page is going to get fixed.
- Paginating older stories.
- Required fandoms field to be checked when posting stories. For some reason, some people post stories without adding a fandom. Odd… so, we’ll make it a required field.
Please post your fics… and just as important… INVITE YOUR FRIENDS to join us! We’ve got a huge list of “next” and new features… and as you can see, we are working hard to make Fanfic.me a great place to post your stories.
Posted: June 12th, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction | Tags: mature fanfiction | No Comments »
We welcome fanfic of ratings equivalent to an NC-17 based on the ratings system used by the movie industry. Ratings by MPAA:
How and why do we allow “mature” fanfic stories?
We are fans running our own site, so we are obligated to no advertisers who oppose mature fanfiction. We also run sites that do run advertising like L-word.com, myFandoms.com, SouthofNowhereOnline.com.
We read and write fanfic and keep trying to develop better fanfic archiving software. Fanfic.me is our newest and best archive – though it isn’t perfect. We’re making some fixes at this moment. But it works, and we invite you to post your stories with us. We won’t delete them without warning.
Will we someday have advertising? Probably. But not the crap ads for shaving cream or flashing “you won an ipod ads.”
What we are hoping to do is to run very minimal ads that match your fandoms, genres, etc. So, if you’re posting Twilight or Robert Pattinson fics, you’ll get Twilight and Robert Pattinson ads. If you’re posting JJ Abrams fandoms, you’ll get ads about new JJ Abrams projects.
In other words, ads won’t bad for you – or for us.
Post your stories, G through NC-17. Rest assured you and your stories are welcomed here, and we will never delete your stories for “mature” reasons.
Welcome – and have fun!
Posted: February 3rd, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction, WordPress Plugin | No Comments »
When you post a fanfic story, it will automatically Tweet to our account http://twitter.com/fanficme:
Note: the fandom you posted to will appear as a #hashtag. Our goal is to make your fics more visible to potential readers.
Also, we now have customized “short codes”, also easier for Tweeting:
Next up: We will be making some fields required, such as the fandom field. This will prompt you in case you forget to select the fandom for your fics.
Posted: January 30th, 2012 | Author: Fanfic.me | Filed under: fanfiction, WordPress Plugin | No Comments »
We’ve been hard at work at a whole bunch of things – some fixes, some new features. Here we go:
Story Scoring issue – the little stars on the side of page weren’t accurate; fixed!
Top portion of fanfic stories not showing – fixed!
Funky characters – fixed!
Change Book a Chapter Belongs to – if you accidentally added a story as a standalone and not a chapter in a book, you were stuck. We now have the feature that let’s you go back and “attach” it to a book you previously started.
Options on Roles when registering – author or reader or author/reader. Before, everyone was an author.
We are always working to make Fanfic.me a better place for both writers and readers. Please DM Jacky on the forum with any requests for fixes or additions that you would suggest. Thanks!