Terms of Service
TERMS & CONDITIONS
I. Purpose and Scope:
A. Fanfic.me is a community website for fans of television shows, movies, books, video games, and other media, to build their own "fandoms" of fan fiction, creative writing, fan art, audio, video, and other content.
B. This Terms of Service Agreement ("TSA") governs services and content provided by Fanfic.me (as defined below), as well as any content posted by members and guests of Fanfic.me. This is a legally-binding document, and is an enforceable contract between Fanfic.me and its members and guests.
C. Members and guests should read this document carefully and be sure they understand all of the provisions contained within the document. Members and guests will be asked to signify their acceptance of the terms and conditions of use set forth in this document at the time that they either (1) register as a member, or (2) log in as a guest without registering.
You may request a copy of this TSA by sending an email to info@Fanfic.me.
A. "Fanfic.me", "The Site", or "We" means and refers to the Fanfic.me website (www.Fanfic.me), its affiliate sites, and any Services or Site-Generated Content offered by Fanfic.me on a continuous or periodic basis.
B. "Services" means and refers to applications or features offered by Fanfic.me, including, but not limited to, Member Profiles, Instant Messaging, Blogs, Message Boards, Chat, Private Message, and/or Crush.
C. 'Site-Generated Content' means and refers to any content posted on the Site that is generated by the Site, including, but not limited to, news articles, editorials, photographs, video clips, music clips or audio files.
D. 'User' or 'Users' means and includes persons or entities who use Services or Site-Generated content, and fall into one of the two following categories:
1. 'Member' means and refers to a person or entity who has registered with the Site, and may therefore access all Services and Site-Generated Content.
2. 'Guest' means and refers to a person or entity who has not registered with the site, but who wishes to access site Services and/or Site-Generated Content. The Site reserves the right to restrict Guest access to Services and/or Site-Generated Content.
E. 'User-Generated Content' means and refers to any content posted or published on the Site by any Member or Guest, including, but not limited to, fan fiction stories, creative writing posts, blogs, message board/forum posts, chat room discussion, videos, audio, or photographs.
F. 'Content' means and refers to Site-Generated Content and User-Generated Content, as defined above
III. Acceptable Use of Fanfic.me Services
A. This TSA constitutes the Site's policy for permissible use of the Fanfic.me Services and Site-Generated Content available on the Site. It also governs your rights and obligations, and any applicable restrictions, regarding a User's use of the Site's Services, Site-Generated Content, and User-Generated Content.
B. In order to fully utilize the Site's Services, Site-Generated Content, and User-Generated Content, you may be required to download software, download Content, and/or agree to additional terms and conditions of use. You will be specifically notified of any such requirements before any software and/or content are downloaded. You will also be notified of any additional terms or conditions of use of particular Services or Content. Should you decline these additional terms or conditions, you will not be allowed to access the particular Services or Content in question. If you agree to the additional terms and conditions, they shall become part of and are incorporated into this TSA, and shall be binding on the User as well as the Site.
C. Users may not post any photographs, video, or other images containing nudity, obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable subject matter. However, there is no prohibition against the posting of inaccurate material in a User's profile, and Fanfic.me is not responsible for inaccurate information, or for the posting of User-Generated Content containing obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable subject matter.
D. Fanfic.me does not promote or engage in censorship. However, as responsible members of the internet community, it is from time to time necessary to remove User-Generated Content from the Site, or restrict a User's access to the Site. These decisions are in the sole discretion of the Site. The Site will make reasonable efforts to notify the User of the need to remove User-Generated Content or restrict access to the Site, but may not always be able to do so. By creating a free account at the Site, Users agree that Fanfic.me and Fandom Entertainment are not liable for damages resulting from the removal of User-Generated Content or restriction of access to the Site.
E. Any Member or Guest who believes that another Member or Guest is violating Section C by posting obscene, lewd, violent, harassing, or otherwise objectionable subject matter should immediately notify the Site by sending an email to info@Fanfic.me, or by clicking on the 'Report Inappropriate Content' link which appears on the bottom of any page on the Site.
1. All Members warrant that they own the copyright to any and all User-Generated Content they post to the Site. Members are solely responsible for ensuring that they do not violate applicable copyright laws, and shall be solely liable for copyright violations resulting from User-Generated Content.
2. Fanfic.me abides by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Anyone who believes their copyright has been violated and posted at Fanfic.me may report the violation to our Legal Department in any of the following ways:
a. Via electronic mail to info@Fanfic.me.
b. Via United States Postal Service first class mail to:
Fandom Entertainment LLC
PO Box 252
Great Meadows, NJ 07838
3. All reports of copyright violations must include the following information:
a. A description of the location on the Fanfic.me Site where the copyright infringement can be found. If at all possible, please include a url and screenshot or printout.
b. A detailed description of the copyrighted material which you claim has been infringed, including, if possible, the url or other source where the original, copyrighted material can be found.
c. An electronic or original, physical signature of the copyright holder or the copyright holder's authorized agent.
d. Complete contact information for the holder of the copyright, or the copyright holder's authorized agent, including mailing address, telephone number, and email address.
e. A written statement by the copyright holder or authorized agent that he/she has a good faith belief that the posted content is not authorized by the owner of the copyright, his/her/its agent, or the law.
f. A written statement by the copyright holder or authorized agent, under penalty of perjury, that the information contained in the notice of copyright violation is accurate, and that the person making the report is either (a) the copyright holder, or (b) the authorized agent of the copyright holder, authorized to act on the copyright holder's behalf.
IV. General Terms and Conditions
A. Eligibility for Membership:
1. All Users represent that they satisfy the following eligibility requirements:
a. At least 13 years old. Fanfic.me reserves the right to terminate or suspend the account of any User believed to be under 13 years old, without warning.
b. Membership in Fanfic.me does not violate any law where the User resides.
2. User warrants that all information provided in connection with the registration process is accurate and truthful. User further agrees to update his or information on an ongoing basis to maintain the accuracy of User's registration information.
B. Term/Duration of TSA: This TSA shall remain in full force and effect for the duration of any User's use of the Fanfic.me Services or Content.
1. A User may terminate his or her membership at any time, for any reason. In order to terminate an account, the User must follow the instructions found on the Account Settings page.
2. The Site may terminate or suspend a User's membership at any time, without warning.
3. When a User's account is terminated, whether by the User or by the Site, the terms and conditions of this TSA shall remain in full force and effect.
C. Fees: Fanfic.me does not charge for use of its Services and Content.
1. In order to access some portions of the Site's Services or Content, you may be required to register an account with one or more third party sites or providers. These third party sites or providers may require subscription fees of their own, and are governed by the terms and conditions of the third party site.
D. Permissible Use:
1. Personal Use Only. The Services and Content provided on Fanfic.me are for the personal use of Members and Guests. The Site Services and Content many not be used in connection with any commercial ventures unless specifically approved and endorsed in writing, in advance, by Fanfic.me.
2. No Unauthorized Solicitation or Linking. Unless explicitly authorized by the Site in advance, in writing, commercial advertisements, links to commercial sites, or any other form of solicitation are expressly prohibited. The Site reserves the right to remove any such advertisements, links, or other forms of solicitation from Member profiles without warning, and to suspend or terminate the account of any User.
3. Culling of Information. Illegal and/or unauthorized use of the Site Services and Content, including, but not limited to, collection of Member Names, email addresses, Instant Messaging User Names, or Members' personal websites by electronic or any other means for the purposes of sending unsolicited email, unauthorized framing of the Fanfic.me Site, or unauthorized linking to the Fanfic.me site is strictly prohibited. Any User found to be engaging in such practices may have their account suspended or terminated without warning.
V. Fandoms & Entries Not Allowed
Fanfic.me is aware that not all authors appreciate or permit fanfiction based on their creations.
Fans or writers can submit the names of authors that they are aware of who don't want their works to be used for fanfiction. Be sure to provide a link to the source of the information.
We will exclude works by any author for whom we can reliably determine that fanfiction is not allowed...
NO Fanfic list:
VI. Integration, Modification and Other Terms
A. Fanfic.me reserves the right to modify this TSA from time to time. Any such modification shall be effective upon posting at the Site by Fanfic.me. Users agree to be bound by any changes, amendments, additions, or deletions to this TSA when you use the Site Services or Content after any such modification has been posted. Users are strongly advised to review the TSA periodically to ensure that they are up-to-date on the Site's terms and conditions.
VII. Violation of Terms of Service by Users
A. Any User found to be in violation of these terms of service may have their account suspended or terminated without advance notice. All decisions of the Site in regards to account suspensions and/or terminations are final.
B. The Site further reserves the right to take any necessary and appropriate legal action relative to unauthorized and/or illegal use of Site Services and/or Content.
Last Update: October 18, 2011